Monday, July 4, 2011

A Tribute to All Nations...But Mostly America

Past Fourth of July traditions have included watching people stay behind yellow lines, being a mosquito's main dinner entree, collecting garbage in large black bags, and waiting for supervisors to drive off in their mini golf carts before resuming ongoing conversations.
Though painful, this is decidedly a lost tradition that for the first time in five years has been broken.

I was able to finally enjoy fireworks as a guest (what a concept!)

We met at the Polynesian Resort (a waterfront hotel that faces the Magic Kingdom) and sat, Dole Whip in hand. For those that may not know, Dole Whip is a God-send. It is pineapple and vanilla ice cream, and was self- served at the hotel's quick service restaurant. AMAZING DISCOVERY.
With Dole Whip in hand, we sat on the beach, waiting for the fireworks. When they began, it was instantly awe-inspiring. The Magic Kingdom boasts a wonderful fireworks show nightly called Wishes, so for this holiday, they needed to outdo even their own grandeur.

Mission accomplished, Disney. The fireworks were shot from all around the Magic Kingdom's lagoon to give an astonishing scene. Every person in the audience was reminded what a proud point it is to be an American.

Happy Fourth of July! And for those of you in Glenview, stay behind the yellow tape!

2 comments:

  1. I am cracking up after that first paragraph. "Excuse me sir, excuse me, can you please stay off the green, thank you. " (evil stare) "Sorry, it's my job."
    Also, please don't forget in all the celebration that these bifocals that Ben Franklin invented were not rose colored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I almost want to say I detect a hint of sarcasm, but I just keep telling myself that it's just not true because I know every word you said was true. I hope YOU stayed behind the ropes: DISNEY STYLE. GLENVIEW HAS TAUGHT YOU WELL.

    ReplyDelete